HovText is a clipboard manager that can remove any text formatting from the copied text, e.g. font face, size, color or other styles. Any text in the clipboard will be pasted as cleartext. It can store and retrieve previous copied texts and images and it is possible to restore the original formatting.
It is a must-have for the power-users wanting to increase efficiency when dealing with especially text from clipboard, but also if you often reuse previous copied text or images.
List of features available in HovText:
Let us show an example, where we have this formatted text from a browser, that we need to copy:
- Remembers all copied texts and images that can be easily restored via a clipboard manager
- Removes all formatting from the copied texts
- Keeps the most used clipboard entries at top
- Easy user interface with no need for a mouse
- Favorite entries can be marked for quicker retrival
- Can restore original text formatting
- Can act as a text-only clipboard manager, but can also handle images
- Possibility to remove leading/trailing whitespaces and empty new-lines
- Full unicode support
- Automatic check for new versions and auto-install
- Full user customization for layout settings with e.g. list-view, positioning, display and styling
- Configurable global hotkeys for all actions
- Built-in cleanup possibility as-if application has never been run on system
- No installation required - portable lightweigth executeable
- Requires Windows 10 (or newer) and .NET Framework 4.8 (or newer)
- Easy for IT organizations to incorporate and manage
- No transfer of copied data anywhere - no cloud, no local saving to harddisk, no clipboard sharing
- No registration or advertising - no nags
- Freeware and open source available on GitHub
[ Formatted text to be copied ]
"genius - genius (fx a mathematical genius; it requires
neither genius nor second sight to prophesy the effects of this policy on the
future output of scientists and engineers); a person of superior intellectual
When you copy this above text, with the colors, bold and italic, then HovText will paste this as cleartext-only:
[ Pasted result with HovText running - formatting has been removed ]
"genius - genius (fx a mathematical genius; it requires neither genius nor second sight to prophesy the effects of this policy on the future output of scientists and engineers); a person of superior intellectual faculties."
Try to do this example in e.g. Word, then you will quickly see the difference with or without HovText enabled :-)
Below shows how it could look like, when you browse through a list of previous copied texts (or images).
It only show the first X lines of text (can be setup):
You can view the Screenshots to see how the application looks like and which functionalities it has.