The Hovgaard Klan
FAQ and knowledgebase
Contact and profile
Donations received in total:
$115 (11 users)
This page is related to the old version 2 - there is a newer 3-BETA version available but it has not yet been documented - please see the Download section
HovText is a small freeware and open source Windows application that removes any formatting from the clipboard and it also works as a simple clipboard manager. Any text in the clipboard will be pasted as raw text without any HTML code, font size, color or layout etc. HovText remembers also the last 10 copied texts (both formatted and unformatted) and you can filter out whatever text you need with regular expressions.
A typical scenario is to copy a qoute from Internet Explorer and paste this quote into Outlook or Word. In the most cases it will paste the formatting along also and that is often inconvenient as it spoils the current formatting. Some applications has their own way of importing the unformatted text, but with HovText ALL programs has this option and it works in the same way all the times.
Another typical scenario is that you need to copy all email addresses on a webpage or if you want to grep all movie links from a web-directory, then you just apply a filter and paste this into eg. a WGET script or Outlook and so on.
* Removes all formatting from the clipboard (removes HTML code, color and layout etc.)
* Clipboard manager that remembers the last 10 entries
* Can be installed and uninstalled (but you can choose just to copy the HovText.exe file)
* Runs on all 32 bit Windows versions (Windows 95 and above)
* Copies text only and not formels from eg. Microsoft Excel
* Can be activated or deactived via a hotkey or a single mouseclick
* Multiple users with independent settings on the same computer
* Possibility to remove identical lines
* Possibility to remove leading/trailing whitespaces or linebreaks
* Possibility to copy links only and choose linktype (movies, pictures, emails etc.)
* Possibility to specify a regular expression seachstring as a linktype
* Multiple languages - danish, dutch, english, french, german, italian, norwegian and swedish
* Possibility to delete all settings from the registry (no unnecessary mess)
* No registration or advertising (no nags)
* Freeware and open source
Let us show an example from "almost the real life".
We have this text from Internet Explorer that we need to copy (this is from a online dictionary):
[ Text to be copied ]
Let us say that we need to paste this text into Outlook (into an HTML email). Below shows a not wanted result.
[ Result without HovText ]
Typical you wish to use the same formatting as already used in Outlook. Below shows the wanted result.
[ Result with HovText ]